Friday, August 3, 2012

Aloha! Friday -- My first blog hop!

Aloha, friends!

It's Friday. Today, I'm linking up with the Aloha Friday hop, my first hop EVER!

Aloha Friday Blog Hop


This hop is not about Hawaii, but is all about the Hawaiian spirit: friendliness, generosity and warmth. My one experience with Hawaii was a disaster, literally. Unprecedented rainfall obliterated the sun, the beaches and the mountains. Our hotel sustained major damage... but the people. Warm, kind and friendly. So kind, in fact, that I look forward to returning to Hawaii one day.

As usual, I'm dreaming of travel... and with the London 2012 Olympics in progress, I keep adding to my list of places I really want to go! My top five, at the moment include:

  • London! Of course... though it's raining cats and dogs there today. I'd like to go when it's not raining.
  • Brisbane, Australia! After a couple days in Sydney, that is. Brisbane is the capital of Queensland,  570 miles north of Sydney, and offers big city excitement, easy access to country scenery and Moreton Island which offers parasailing and four-wheeling over the island's 66 square miles.
  • Tuscany! Oh, the history. Even more... the food! I need a month for this one so I can eat and cook my way through the region. Tuscany cooking vacations. Molto delizioso!
  • Turks and Caicos! Located in the Southern Caribbean, Turks and Caicos offers snorkeling, sailing, and pristine beaches and a whole lot more! The color of the ocean here simply takes my breath away. Our 25th wedding anniversary is only a couple years away... I think we've earned a nice rest on these quiet beaches!
  • Irish Castle! This one's for my husband -- after he takes me to Turks and Caicos! He has long dreamed of a vacation stay in an Irish Castle. I can't imagine a better way to experience this magical island.

Leave a comment below before you link up answering this question, 
"What's on YOUR top five list of vacation destinations?"

Join me in my FIRST blog hop, hosted by What Jean Likes and Local Sugar Hawaii! Follow our three blogs when you link up! Mahalo! (That's Hawaiian for "thank you"). Then, be sure to visit everyone else and share that Hawaiian spirit!

What's neat about this BLOG HOP:
  • Put the same link list code on your blog and you'll have the exact same list!
  • Your blog visitors can add their blog to your list and it will show up at everyone's list (I am soooo not technically savvy and do not understand how it works -- but I can plan a vacation!)
  • By adding your blog you might be randomly chosen for BLOG SPOTLIGHT of the week!
This BLOG HOP is all about sharing the Aloha spirit with other bloggers and helping gain some exposure. You can embed the blog hop on your blog, too. Just click the "Get the code here..." link below where all the thumbnails are and add it to your post!

Mahalo, friends!

8 comments:

Sarah said...

Your list is great! The only one we don't have in common is an Irish Castle but I think I might add that one to it!

Czjai said...

I linked up!
As for my top 5, it would have to be Korea, Japan, London, Brazil, and Egypt. :)

Unknown said...

Oh the places I would go!!
Umm, in a heartbeat I would take the kids for a family vacation back to Tofino and maybe this time I would might be brave enough to learn how to surf! {Long beach lodge HELLO!!}

Ireland so I can see where the feisty part of my family originated from.

Greece for the sun, sand and the food. Oh the food!!

Hawaii {again!} but this time I want to go for a month. No cruise hopping this time around.

I really REALLY want to go San Francisco! I want to check out the natural museum. Go on a trolly ride and explore until I am satisfied! ;0)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jjtressler said...

Aloha,

My hubby and I went to Hawaii on our honeymoon. I just wanted to let you know that we found the people so kind also, it helped make our trip. We look forward to going back very soon! After leaving my hubby and I said Aloha for weeks because of the meaning more so than anything!

~Cheers~

Anne @ Green Eggs and Moms said...

I actually want to go to Europe: Italy, Ireland and England.

Karen Dawkins said...

Thanks to everyone who linked up. Looking forward to meeting new friends!

Anonymous said...

Where you want to travel?
How about '101 ideas . . .' on that subject ?
Some pretty wild photos (and ideas), also:

http://allinclusivevacationpackagecalifornia.com/2012/06/25/101-most-beatiful-places-to-visit-until-you-die-part-i/
-----------------------------
Knew of that link, from this link here (if it helps)(?):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PGCAaNYZEc