Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Use Metromarks for travel planning!

MetroMarks homepage
Works the same on phone or computer. NICE!

What is MetroMarks? 

So glad you asked! I found it this weekend while doing some research, and it's my new favorite site (other than this blog, of course) for busy vacation planners. The site is laid out differently than other travel sites I've seen. Clean, uncluttered pages make navigation easy. 

With MetroMarks you can find helpful information for dozens of cities throughout the world:
  • A city’s weather
  • Parking, traffic, cycling, hiking, and transit maps
  • Major attractions
  • Hotel deals provided by leading providers
  • Shopping deals and shopping malls
  • Restaurants, movie times and ALL its events
  • Best local blogs
  • Social media streams including pics, videos, tweets, pinterests
  • Local news, newspapers, TV and radio stations
  • Embassies in case you lost your passport; as well as police and hospital locations in case of emergencies. 

MetroMarks continues to add new cities and information as it becomes available!

MetroMarks also allows you to engage through each city's social network to meet locals or ask advice about your your travel destination. It’s the fastest and most comprehensive way to get local city information. 

I had a chance to talk with Adam, who works there, and asked, 'What is happening with MetroMarks?"
Columbus, Ohio landing page
We wanted to let you know about some exciting changes coming up in the next few weeks such as new content and reorganizing the site structure, adding a Metromarks blog that will feature some great travel and tourism content. AND this summer we will be running some contests with some great travel prizes. We are really excited about launching our blog in June. We're also planning some upcoming campaigns through various social media like Google Plus, Twitter, Quora, Gather and Facebook, so please check us there as well. You can follow us on twitter @metromarks or on facebook at MetroMarks. We are growing rapidly and adding new cities all the time. We just added Paris, France, and we're hoping to be in 500 cities by late fall. 
Why do I recommend this site so highly?
  • It's clean and easy to navigate, always a plus with limited time for vacation planning.
  • The team is committed to offering comprehensive resources to make travel planning easy.
  • The site works just as easily on a smartphone as it does on a computer, so if you need information during travel, you can easily find it!
Basically, any site that offers great information and saves me time deserves a shout out!

I am not affiliated with MetroMarks and I did not receive any compensation for this review. I truly just like the site that much!

Happy travels!

14 comments:

Adam said...

Thank you Karen, we are absolutely honoured that you like us so much. You did a great job of summing up what we can do for travelers!

Anonymous said...

Will have to check this one out! Thanks for providing it!

Familytravelsonabudget said...

Check out the Washington link. :) Did they leave anything out?

Happy travels!

Erin said...

Karen, thanks for sharing this site with us. I love it! I also liked their fb page!
~Erin

Unknown said...

Karen... have I told you lately how much I love your blog? :) I don't know where you find them... great job!

Melissa said...

Thank you so much for posting about this site! I will definitely have to check it out :o)

Familytravelsonabudget said...

Thanks, Carla. I'm not quite sure how I find them, but I'm glad the information is helping you! And hopefully lots of other people too.

Familytravelsonabudget said...

Melissa,
I recently wrote a post on Columbus, Ohio. Between my post and their information, it's impossible to have a bad vacation! If you use it to plan your travel let me know... Or let them know -- great team at MetroMarks. I'm sure they'd appreciate the feedback.

Leigh @ OneandOneEqualsTwinFun said...

I love traveling and I travel frequently. This is a great resource to know about.
Thanks for sharing!
Leigh
www.oneandoneequalstwinfun.com

Unknown said...

great post great site if I ever get to leave this state again I will be using this site for sure!

Familytravelsonabudget said...

Savy Green Saver, I just read your heartbreaking post about the lost paycheck. YIKES! Maybe they will post information on a city in your state so you can take a day trip sometime soon. :)

I usually sign off with happy travels, but right now, how about happy creative cooking?

Unknown said...

Wow this is great. Thanks for making me aware of it.

Unknown said...

Ooh Karen, this is a good one! Thanks for a great find and sharing. My husband and I travel a lot. Your site here is fantastic, by the way:)

Gina Jacobs Thomas said...

Okay, THIS is the site I've been looking for! We do a lot of travel as a family, and I have to spend so much time browsing the internet for activities, hotels, weather. This has it all in once place! Thanks for the great info!

Gina from vB
www.totallyfullofit.com